How about these for some New Year’s Resolutions?
- Plan menus for the week so that my family doesn’t starve while I am WRITING.
- Get a heavy duty shop vac to clear a path from the computer to the bathroom and kitchen. (we all have needs…)
- Get a pair of those heated computer gloves so that my warm fingers can fly across the keyboard and churn out another MS this year.
- Quit tweeting and updating my FB status as a form of procrastination in writing (or editing) my WIP.
- Cancel Cable so that there is nothing to watch on TV and I have time to WRITE. Oh wait…I don’t have cable and STILL watch TV….hmmmm.
- Block all invites and applications on FB that has anything to do with Farming, Fish, Cooking, etc.
- Invest in some serious chocolate and candles to stimulate my day dream processes.
- Find some kind of physical activity to do at the strike of each hour in order to redistribute the dreaded writer’s spread. (I wonder if standing on one’s head would do the trick?)
- Quit spending so much money on great fiction books to read so that I have more time to actually WRITE!
- Tether the laptop to a desk so that I don’t fall asleep in bed or on the couch anymore.
These are some New Year’s Resolutions that have been swirling around in my brain the past few days. Can you think of any fun goals for writers?