So long. Farewell. Adieu.
It was a long year that flew by. Strange, isn’t it, how time works like that. So much has happened this year–some good, some not so good. So let’s start with the bad.
- We closed the doors to our church plant in March. That was a very hard thing to do, and I miss my Connection family so much.
- We put our house on the market half a year ago and it hasn’t sold.
- Work is crazy busy this year = less energy for writing.
- My husband got a job preaching at a wonderful church in Irving, which is close enough that my kids can finish high school where they are!
- I finished my book this summer! HUGE accomplishment for me. My first novel…sigh.
- I joined a critique group that will help me develop my writing skills.
- My 2nd son got accepted at the Dallas Institute of Art and is doing FABULOUS and making good grades! Yay!!!!!
- My daughter is happier now, after quitting basketball and getting a boyfriend. (Yes, I miss going to bb games, but I like the guy!
- I’m having a blast with my blog and have met so many wonderful and generous writers, who encourage and inspire me!
I’m sure there is more to add, but those are what stood out to me. It is strange to look back over the year and see what happened. So often I think of what could have been. I could have done things differently. I could have prepared better. I could have…. okay, so I don’t really need to go there, do I? What’s done is done and I move on.
I’m going to set goals this new year. (Not like the funny ones I did Monday, although there was some true to those.)I don’t usually write my goals down, but this year I am setting some specific goals that I really want to reach. I think if maybe I post them for all to see, I will strive to accomplish them. You know, kind of like having an accountability partner. I’ll post them Friday, New Year’s Day.
Do you ever look back and wondered what you could have done differently to make your year better? Or are you happy with your year and the way it unfolded?
Leave a Reply