Yesterday was my last full day of work until the beginning of August. I’ve been ready. I’ve been waiting, impatiently. It’s true that I don’t have the full summer off since I am working Summer School in June, but I will only work 4 days a week, and 1/2 days at that. I will have time to write and edit.
And I am so excited!
But first things first…I must…I MUST…get my house under control. You know what happens when life is so crazy busy you can’t see straight. Everything gets out of control. So I’ve got some goals…and here they are:
1. Today I will clean like a maniac, buy groceries, and whittle down my mountain of laundry. (just to get some semblance of order and not get called by the Health Department)
2. I will daily keep my house in order, so that I don’t get buried again.
3. I will pack one…maybe two boxes a day. (I am going to be moving sometime..not sure when, but I hope it is sooner rather than later.)
4. I will edit at least TWO chapters a day.
5. I will begin gathering info on my characters for my new writing project. (I love this part!)
So, there you have it. A balance of housework and writing. Hopefully, I can keep it balanced. Muuwahahaha!
What are your goals for the summer, writing or personal? How do you keep balanced?
For a great post on balancing the writing life, visit The Writer’s Alley, where Krista Phillips gives a hilarious look at the unbalanced writing life. You will love it!