The challenge for Week 46 of The Documented Life Project was to add fabric to your page. I had some leftover fabric from some curtains I made and so I tore some strips and sewed them with thick thread onto the page. I had already painted it in reds and orange, then added black and gold. It turned out looking rather tribal, which I really like.
The challenge for Week 45 of The Documented Life Project was to add tabs to your page. I added tabs to a couple of flaps, then added those to my page with washi tape. Not my favorite page…I think the green was not really the color I was going for, but I keep telling myself that experimentation is part of the process. I need to embrace failures. It’s all a learning experience that helps me grow.
Have a great day and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
“Add leaves to your pages” was the challenge for Week 44 of The Documented Life Project, so I gathered up some leaves, painted them, then glued them to my page. I used a TON of matte medium to get them to stick, and even put wax paper between the pages and set a heavy book on top to make it set better. It finally worked and I’m happy with the results.
The challenge for Week 43 of the Documented Life Project was to sketch whatever you see before you. Well, I am not a real artist that can draw anything I see, but because I am trying to stretch and grow, I dove in and drew a bamboo plant that sits in my living room. It’s rather like the Leaning Tower of Piza, don’t you think? To take away from my attempt, I drew it on some “underpaper” that I had used when I was painting something else. At least the rest of the pages turned out okay. I really like the colors.
My husband and I were blessed with the most wonderful joint birthday present. A night at the Le Meridian Stoneleigh Hotel in near downtown Dallas. We took off work at noon, ate lunch, upgraded my dying phone, then headed off for a relaxing 24 hours.
We enjoyed taking a long walk in the area around the hotel.
The challenge for Week 42 in The Documented Life Project was to incorporate STARS onto your page. This turned out better than I thought it would. I really liked the midnight blue background and the white writing. I used some underpaper (the paper I put under my project while I’m working to catch spills, wipe off my paint brush, etc) for the stars.
Have a great day!
I’m so behind in posting. Life got super busy and then our house was robbed, leaving me without a laptop. Insurance money hasn’t kicked in yet, and I’m borrowing John’s computer to get a few things done.
The challenge for Week 41 in The Documented Life Project was to incorporate Polka Dots into your page. I found some tissue paper with polka dots and glued it on the page as a background. I painted a large tab and layered it over and over, then glued it to the page.
It’s not my favorite, but then I must remember that the challenges are just that…a challenge. It forces me to step out of my comfort zone and do something different. It’s where I find what I like and what I don’t like. It teaches me. It helps me grow. And growing is always a good thing.
Have a great day!